Determined against Nike and also Adidas/Reebok, various other sportswear businesses are relatively small, yet they play a key duty in some market segments.
- The largest aboriginal UK business in the sports apparel market is Pentland Team, the proprietor of specialized brands such as Berghaus (exterior quests), Speedo (swimsuit), Ellesse (tennis), and also Mitre (football as well as rugby). The firm likewise has UK licensing contracts for non-sports brand names such as Kickers and also Lacoste. In 2005, Pentland Group got control of JD Sports, the UK’s second-largest sports-retailing chain.
- Hi-Tec Sports, primarily a shoe company, has maintained a placement in the UK top 10 versus the global competitors as well as likewise trades in the United States.
- Umbro is nearly totally a football specialist. However, it produces yearly sales of more than ₤ 100m from shoes as well as clothes.
- The regatta is a leading outside brand.
- The numerous international sports apparel brand names contending in the UK consist of: Puma, which came from 1948 as a breakaway from Adidas; New Balance Athletic, a running-shoe professional (also providing football equipment) which, abnormally, still manufactures within the UK; Asics as well as Mizuno, the major Japanese sporting activities firms. With varieties of sporting activities shoes as well as devices on sale in the UK; Columbia Sports Apparel, the United States’s biggest outdoor-clothing company; Russell Company, another large United States ‘athleisure’ firm, which also owns the Spalding as well as Brooks Sports brands; as well as VF Company, which is recognized mainly for its denim (the Wrangler and also Lee brand names). But which likewise possesses brand names such as The North Face (outside quests), Vans (boardsports). And JanSport as well as Eastpak (backpacks).